NOTE: This page is only updated during office hours Monday-Friday. During a major event and out of hours, conditions on the ground may be different.
Riddle Street, Fairlie - South of Fairlie Bakehouse
Talbot Road - Main Street to Gray Street
Thursday 23 November until further notice
Due to a recent fire in a block of shops, Riddle Street, Fairlie is closed between Fairlie Bakehouse and Talbot Road corner, and Talbot Road is closed between Main Street and Gray Street.
- Hazard Substances Incident #1 23-11-2023 - Fairlie
- Hazard Substances Incident #2 23-11-2023 - Fairlie
- Hazard Substances Incident #3 24-11-2023 - Fairlie
- Hazard Substances Incident #4 24-11-2023 - Fairlie
- Hazard Substances Incident #5 24-11-2023 - Fairlie
- Hazard Substances Incident #6 27-11-2023 - Fairlie
MacKenzie Drive (near corner with Simons Street and Glenbrook Crescent corner only), Twizel - 5, 6, 7, 8 December
Glenbrook Crescent, Twizel - 5, 6, 7, 8 December
Jollie Road, Twizel - 5, 6, 7, 8 December
Hunter Crescent, Twizel - 5, 6, 7, 8 December
Falstone Crescent, Twizel - 5, 6, 7, 8 December
Dobson Place, Twizel - 5, 6, 7, 8 December
Omahau Crescent, Twizel - 12, 13, 14 December
Bendrose Place, Twizel - 12, 13, 14 December
The above streets in Twizel will be closed for overhead lines work by Netcon on the dates listed for the full day. Residents will be escorted in and out as required.
Lakeside Drive, Tekapo - western end at Tekapo Springs - 28 and 29 November
The western end of Lakeside Drive, Tekapo will be closed on Tuesday 28 November and Wednesday 29 November for the removal of larch tree logs. There will be alternative routes available for cyclists and pedestrians.
Pukaki River Road
- Pukaki River Road, Pukaki - closed Friday 16 September 2022. This road suffered catastrophic damage in a significant weather event and is closed indefinitely.
State Highway Status
View real time information on New Zealand State Highway network works and closures within the Mackenzie District here.