Council have activated Level 2 protocols following the Prime Minister's announcement.
Council staff are on site at the Fairlie and Twizel offices. Public health rules concerning Level 2 are being followed.
We will provide further updates as more information comes to hand.
- Offices and facilities are open during Level 2.
- Staff are physically at the offices, providing most of our usual services.
- Resource Recovery Parks at Fairlie, Lake Tekapo and Twizel are open.
- Regular kerbside collections are taking place, including glass crates.
Find out more about Mackenzie District Rubbish and Recycling services here.
Public Toilets are open.
Parks and trails
- All playgrounds are open.
- A2O trail is open.
- Parks and local trails are open
General advice for use of parks
- Keep your 2m distance.
- Remember to tell someone where you are going and take your phone with you.
- Thoroughly wash hands on returning home.
- Gatherings are limited to a maximum of 100 people, and records are to be kept for these.
Resources and Support Services
Mackenzie District food bank services
We're working to ensure you have access to the support you need during these difficult times. Please don't suffer in silence - ask for help if you need it.
0800 787 254
Free helpline for a confidential chat about you, your business, the weather, your finances; or a neighbour, partner, friend, family member, or worker.
0800 358 5453
If you are concerned about any COVID-19 symptoms you are experiencing, please contact Healthline (for free) on 0800 358 5453 (24 hours a day) or your doctor.
Mental Health & Wellbeing
If over the following days and weeks you feel you are not coping, it's important to seek help and professional support. Your GP is a good starting point. For support with grief, anxiety, distress or mental wellbeing, you can call or text the 'Need to talk?' service on 1737. This service is free, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and gives you the chance to talk it through with a trained counsellor.
(03) 687 7332
Call the number above (or 0210 837 7717) or alternatively register through https://aorakimigrantcentre.org/covid-19 - the support manager will be in touch.
0800 779 997
Support is available for individuals & families: If you're not sure what assistance may be available, or don't know who to contact for help, call the free government helpline on 0800 779 997 (8am - 1am, 7 days a week).
Businesses can call 0800 50 50 96.