LIM Report - For Sale banner image

LIM Reports

Apply for a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) report.

LIM Reports

A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) reports on information that Council knows about a property from its records. The report is prepared in accordance with the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 and includes the information set out in Section 44A.

It does not provide interpretation of this information or advice on how to interpret or utilise this information. For this, your own independent and appropriate professional advice should be sought.

A LIM report includes information on:

  • Rates
  • Building related information
  • Resource consents
  • Heritage buildings, structures, and sites
  • Significant trees
  • Natural areas
  • Resource consents issued in the immediate neighbourhood
  • Current requisitions issued by the Council on the property
  • Drainage information on sewer and stormwater
  • Water supply
  • Special characteristics of the land
  • Registrations and licences

Requesting and Processing a LIM

The information contained in a LIM includes information that may assist you in your decision to purchase a property in the Mackenzie District.

Environment Canterbury may also have information regarding the property and a request for this information can be made by visiting the Land Information Request page on the Environment Canterbury website.

LIMs will be processed within 10 working days.

You can cancel a LIM within 1 business day of lodging it. No cancellations will be accepted after that. If you have paid for it prior to a cancellation, the payment will be credited to you.

Request a LIM

Apply for a Land Information Memorandum.

Fees and Charges

Costs related to Land Information Memorandum applications, in the Mackenzie District.

Difference of a LIM to a Building / Drainage file

A LIM contains all the information the Council knows about a property.

The Building / Drainage File contains information on building consents and drainage plans which is only part of the information Council holds about a property.