Credit Card Payments
- Credit card payments for Council services are available at the Fairlie Council office.
- Mackenzie District Council charges a surcharge of 2.20% per transaction for this service. The surcharge is automatically applied to help recover bank fees. There is a minimum service fee of $1.00.
- You should check with your card issuer for details about fees or changes that may also apply as this credit card transaction is carried out in terms of their arrangement between you and your card issuer.
- All overpayments or incorrect payments made from your credit card will be refunded to your nominated bank account on a mutually agreed date.
- The name that will appear on your statement will be "Mackenzie District Council".
Cash and EFTPOS
Cash and EFTPOS payments may be made at the Fairlie and Twizel Council offices.
Direct debit (Rates Easypay)
Options available for payment by direct debit quarterly (installment due date). You complete and sign a direct debit application form (also available from all service centres) and we advise the amount of each payment on the Installment invoice, and the dates that payments will be debited. If you want to stop or change a direct debit, call the Council to advise or request a new Form.
Ratepayers may direct credit a regular amount from their bank account into the Council's account. To avoid penalties, automatic payments should be set to clear each instalment by the due date. Council staff can help you to calculate this amount.