Council is embarking on developing an Age-Friendly Strategy for the Mackenzie District.
This will cover the eight themes of Age Friendly:
- Outdoor Spaces and Buildings
- Community Support and Health Services
- Communication and Information
- Civic Participation and Employment
- Respect and Social Inclusion
- Social Participation
The Age Friendly Strategy is being funded by the Office of Seniors (Ministry of Social Development), in partnership with Mackenzie District Council. The strategy will shape future planning in the Mackenzie District.
We are seeking feedback from our people who are looking to plan for their retirement, however far away that may be, and how the Mackenzie District can be improved to suit those needs.
Have your say on the Age-friendly Strategy here.