Consultation has now closed – further details on the process and a timeline can be found on our Let’s Talk engagement website.
Legislation requires councils to review a bylaw five years after it is made, and then every 10 years after that. Information on the statutory process can be found here.
The new proposed policy and bylaws are:
- General Bylaw 2021
- Keeping of Animals, Poultry and Bees Bylaw 2021
- The Proposed Easter Sunday Trading Policy 2021
The policies and bylaws for review are:
- Solid Waste Bylaw 2021
- Water, Supply, Wastewater and Stormwater Bylaw 2021
- Dog Control Policy 2021 and Dog Control Bylaw 2021
- Proposed Alcohol Restrictions in Public Places Bylaw 2021
- Proposed Class 4 Gambling and TAB Venue Policy 2021 (preferred option) and Proposed Class 4 Gambling and TAB Venue Policy 2021 (Option 2)
- Proposed Dangerous, Affected and Insanitary Buildings Policy 2021.
Council want to hear your feedback on the proposals. You can make a submission before 5pm on 6 August 2021. There is also the opportunity to address councillors in person at a hearing. Councillors will consider all official submissions before making a final decision.
Copies of all the bylaws and details of how to make a submission can be found on our engagement website at www.letstalk.mackenzie.govt.nz. Alternatively, you can call into our offices in Twizel or Fairlie to view the relevant documents and request a feedback form.
If you have questions about the process, please give one of our customer services team a call on 0800 685 8514. We’re here to help.
Phone: 0800 685 8514