The Mackenzie District Council has prepared a summary of submissions on proposed Plan Change 21 and 22 to the Mackenzie District Plan. Proposed Plan Change 21 and 22 form Stage 2 of the review of the Mackenzie District Plan and have been drafted in accordance with the National Planning Standards.
Plan Change 21 and 22 propose to add the following changes to the Mackenzie District Plan:
Part 2 – District-Wide Matters
Part 3 – Area Specific Matters
- Residential Zones
- Large Lot Residential Zone
- Low Density Residential Zone
- Medium Density Residential Zone
- Commercial and Mixed Use Zones
- Large Format Retail Zone
- Mixed Use Zone
- Neighbourhood Centre Zone
- Town Centre Zone
- General Industrial Zone
- General Industrial Zone
- Takapō/Lake Tekapo Precinct
- Commercial Visitor Accommodation Precinct
- Development Areas
- Tekapō/Lake Tekapo West Future Development Area
- Takapō/Lake Tekapo North-West Future Development Area
Part 4 – Appendices and Maps
- Appendix 1 – Height in Relation to Boundary
- Appendix 2 – Takapō/Lake Tekapo Character Guide and Medium Density Residential Design Guide
The summary of submissions for Plan Change 21 and Plan Change 22 are available at mackenzie.govt.nz > Council > Strategies, Plans and Reports > District Plan Changes and Consultation.
- Summary of Submissions for Plan Change 21 - PDF, 910.46 KB
- Summary of Submissions for Plan Change 22 - PDF, 321.24 KB
Paper copies of the Summary of Submissions are also available for viewing at the Council Offices in Fairlie, 53 Main Street, and Twizel, Market Place.
The following persons may make a further submission on Plan Change 21 and 22:
- Any person representing a relevant aspect of public interest.
- Any person who that has an interest in the proposed plan change greater than the interest than the general public has; and
- The Mackenzie District Council itself.
A further submission must be made in the format prescribed by Form 6 and must relate to a matter in an original submission to the plan change. Submission forms are available for download from the Council Website. Paper submission forms are also available at the Council Offices in Fairlie and Twizel.
- Form 6 - Further Submission on Proposed Plan Change to the Mackenzie District Plan - Plan Change 21 and 22 - Editable PDF - PDF, 229.36 KB
- Form 6 - Further Submission on Proposed Plan Change to the Mackenzie District Plan - Plan Change 21 and 22 - Print version - PDF, 221.55 KB
- Further Submissions Form (online form)
Completed submissions forms are to be sent to Council by email or post:
Plan Change 21/22 to the Mackenzie District Plan
Mackenzie District Council
PO Box 52, Main Street
Any further submission on Plan Change 21 and 22 must also be sent to the original submitter within five working days of lodging your submission with Council.
The closing date for lodging a further submission is 5.00pm Monday 16 January 2023.
Once the closing date for further submissions has passed, a Council hearing for Plan Change 21 and 22 will be held to consider all submissions. The hearings are currently scheduled for the week of 20 March 2023. Anyone who has made a submission and indicated that they wish to be heard will have the right to attend the hearing and present their submission.
If you have any questions regarding Plan Change 21 and 22 or the further submission process, please do not hesitate to contact the Planning Department at 03 685 9010 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of Mackenzie District Council
Notification Date: 7 December 2022